Friday, November 2, 2007

The Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe

Here we are representing a fine literary work at the church where Jen grew up, First Christian.
It took a little explaining, and required that we all stand in a line, but people got it, and seemed to like it. The lion definitely had the best costume (Nana Beth made it for her). We didn't have to explain that Cecily was a lion. We did however, have to remind people that SHE is a girl. My costume... the witch was a bit tricky. People thought I was Queen Susan the gentle. But no I was Jadis, Queen of Narnia. The problem was that I could not be too scary, and I had very limited resources. I remade this dress out of a wedding dress I found in the local thrift store. All the material I gleaned from the scraps in my mom's sewing room. And I had to do all sewing by hand. So a little was lost in translation, but I was trying to look like a snow queen. I just turned out looking like a nice snow queen. The Wardrobe was a large box that Jen drew an adapted version of the wardrobe on.

It was funny because every time a sugar high super hero walked by Rory they felt compelled to kick or punch the box. It was pretty funny to watch all these little boys walk by and automatically hit the box on their way past.

Rory felt a little confined standing in the box all night. He said it was a good social experiment. I have never seen him stand in one place for that long, especially in a social gathering.



Our little lion sure likes to walk around. Looks like she lost a bootie... surprise, surprise!

Grampa Noel was all ears. Cecily is telling him a good story.

The wardrobe got thirsty. Here he is getting a drink.

Look at all my cute teeth!

The Wardrobe was playing mini golf. Look at him parting the Red Sea with this five iron.

The Lion and the Snow Queen pause for a picture. Looks like someones getting tired.

The dress before it became the gown of the Snow Queen.


2 comments:

Shannon said...

You guys are awesome! Great job on the dress, the lioness is very sweet, and well I just like watching Rory try to drink water and play golf in that costume, made me laugh! Miss you guys!

love,

Shannon

Tracy said...

I love your costumes...very clever. I laughed out loud picturing the boys kicking Rory as they walked by...not that I want him to be kicked but it is just funny how boys get out their energy:)