OK, So here is my list of excuses.
#1 Our Computer was down and out for pretty much all of January. We have been using a slow going lap top to keep up on emails, but I haven't been able to use it for uploading pictures.
#2 Feb 1st our new computer was in our possession...then we went to Bellingham for a weeks vacation.
#3 Since returning from vacation I have been super busy. Plus when I get the chance to blog always coincides with Rosemary being a sleep.... in the room where the computer is!
So the good news is that we are rearranging our house...once again.... to bring the computer out where I can use it.
So until then here is a little family news since I last blogged.
December: Cara and Phil made it in on Christmas Day! What a Christmas present! We had a lovely time with them and with my grandparents and the Hartshorne Clan this Christmas. We also had Rosemary dedicated... which was also lovely. The Snow did put a bit of a damper on that, but it was still a wonderful day!
We celebrated Rory's Birthday... I got him a Billiards Golf Game.... a fun way to work on putting in doors when the weather is bad!
We rung in the new year and said a sad good bye to Cara and Phil.
January: I don't really remember this month. ...hmmmm let me think....I do know that Rory was one of the main organizers for a big fundraiser for the Red Barn Youth Center. It was a swing dance, and not only was it a great fundraiser... Rory and I had a night out and remembered how much we LOVE to swing dance.
Oh yeah! In January I started a book club, and switched both girls completely over to cloth diapers and training pants. This was quite a learning experience, but I am glad to report that it is going well. We also joined a small group Bible Study. This has been a wonderful thing for us! We LOVE our small group peeps!
Oh, I also became an ebay junky while transitioning to cloth diapers... Wow... it's addicting!
February: We spent an awesome week in Birch Bay. We got to reconnect with a few friends and we also got to see a BIG GIANT EAGLE up close on the roof of the condo where we were staying. Upon returning home from vacation things have been really crazy. We got to see my buddy Adam who was on leave for Iraq and then I had Sprouts (the playgroup that I run) and Book Club in the same week (oops). In addition I have taken a job doing some book keeping for a local non-profit about 2 hours a week. I am working as an independent contractor so my little business is finally getting a little action...I had it all set up and ready to go but put it aside since having CJ.
In addition to getting organized and learning this new job, I am trying to start making my own baby food.
Rosemary is still nursing exclusively, in fact she turns up her nose at binkies and bottles. I prayed for a really good nurser and this is what I've got. She's five months now, so I am gearing up for the transition next month to cereal and then some fruits and veggies.
Cecily is almost two. She is doing awesome at potty training! She is also quite the talker! We haven't made the switch to a big girl bed yet, but we are moving in that direction.
Rory is doing well. He is working hard as ever! The new church building is really making progress. In fact we have started to purchase stuff to go inside the building now. We don't really know exactly when it will be done, but we are hoping that it will be Spring or Summer.
Well, that's at least a little update on us. I will start a rapid stream of pictures and videos to try and catch up in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yeah, new blog update! Sounds like your all doing great.
Hey busy lady! I don't blog as nearly as much as I used to when I had a nanny in Thailand!
Did you hear we are expecting number 2?
What cloth diapers are you using? I love BumGenius, but love hearing about others.
BumGenius are definitely the best! But I also really like mother-ease. (I have a lot of other random ones... I think I will write a blog soon rating them all!)
Post a Comment