Saturday, August 28, 2010

Penrose State Park Fun Run

For the past several years Rory has put on a Fun Run at Penrose State Park in August to raise money for the youth group. This year was especially difficult for him to plan due to my surgery. However, by the grace of God he still managed to pull it off.

Since I was still recovering from surgery Rory only wanted me to walk part of the trail. However, we took a wrong turn and I walked almost the entire thing. Walking has been a very key part of my recovery so it was good for me. However, the uneven ground was a bit rough. Needless to say, I went home and slept for the rest of the day.
 For the record the trail was NOT stroller friendly. Poor Genesis (Rory's sister) had quite the time getting this thing over all the roots and stuff. The girls ended up walking most of the way and Genesis wrestled with the stroller the rest of the time.


Coming across the finish line with good friends and adoptive grandparents Tom and Pauline.

1 comment:

siseneg said...

One wrong turn and we were on a totally new adventure. That stroller put up a darn good fight but in the end ... "I won!"