Thursday, March 6, 2008

Be still my heart!



Well, we made it to the 2nd trimester! Yeah! I wish I could say I've left "morning sickness" in the dust- but that's life. I am feeling better over all. However, I find that I easily over do it, which brings on the sickness. Last week I had a check up at 13 weeks. Everything looks and sounds great. (As you can hear from the video)

A few weeks ago while visiting with our nephew Austin- Rory told him the news:

"Austin, Aunt Jen is going to have another baby, well, Lord Willing."

To which Austin replied:

"That's the baby? Lord Willing?"

So there you have it, if it's a boy it'll be Little Lord Willing. (Just Kidding)

Austin got to come with us to the doctor's appointment, and he got to hear the baby's heart beat. He actually filmed the video above. Austin will be 8 this April. He's an only child so this experience was very educational (as you can imagine). He asked a lot of interesting questions, and we found ourselves asking.... What is he REALLY asking us? So who knows what he came away with and what he is REALLY thinking. We did look at pictures in our week by week pregnancy book and we also looked at the ultrasound. We looked at pictures of me when I was pregnant with Cecily, and he wanted to examine my tummy. He is still processing the difference between fat and pregnant(I'll admit there's a fine line), and I think he finds fat more believable than the idea that there's a baby in there. When his mom came to pick him up he told her that the reason my belly button sticks out is because of the thing they used at the appointment to hear the baby's heartbeat (the doppler). (The explanation that the baby is growing and pushing out my belly button was just too crazy- there had to be another reason-- so he decided on one on his own.)

No comments: