Sunday, March 1, 2009

Christmas 2008


Here are some highlights of Christmas 2008! It was a fun snow filled event. Our best present was having Cara and Phil fly in on Christmas Day! We were really fortunate that they could make it in time. It took a lot of waiting in line down at the airport to get there! We also really enjoyed having Grammie and Papa for a nice long visit. Becky, Phil's mom also joined us, as always. we love having her with us!


Rosemary seemed to enjoy her first Christmas! And big sister Cessy really enjoyed being part of this Christmas. I think she loved having so many people to play with the most! However, she did enjoy her presents very much!


Christmas Eve was a bit sad for me this year. The girls and I were snow bound in Port Orchard. My parent's church canceled their Christmas Eve service. Rory, thanks to his step dad Cliff, was able to make it to our Church's service and then Cliff drove him all the way back out to Port Orchard. (That was such a big deal! Thanks again Grandpa Cliff!) Cara and Phil did not get in until Christmas day... so our yearly Pajama party did not go as it usually does. I was sad that Rory missed that part of reading the Christmas story with the girls and opening their jammies. BUT there was so MUCH to be thankful for!!!

A few Christmas gift highlights.... Rory and I got matching Michigan PJ's! (Rory was beside himself!)

I was given a very nice stereo to keep me company while I am home with the girls. It has been great to be able to listen to music (we don't get any TV channels, so radio and Internet is our link to the outside world). Uncle D gave Cecily and Rosemary a big red wagon. Cecily also really liked her tutu, firetruck and fireman boots. (That's my girl.... at her age I went around the house wearing my gun holsters with my dolly under my arm!)




Rory is teaching Cessy how to dance like a ballerina.

No comments: