
We enjoyed our 2nd trip to the zoo this year for Terrific Tigers- with Zoo Tots Critter Club!
It was the most beautiful February day~ Amazing weather~ I completely over-dressed the kids. We were very stressed because we thought that we were late, however, we were 45 minutes early because it actually starts at 11 am rather than 10! Nice! This time Critter Club was packed! They actually ran out of crafts! The kids really seemed to love the craft. Cecily came home and completely reenacted all that the teacher said for us. After the story and craft we headed down to the tiger exhibit and heard the zoo keeper go into great detail for the preschoolers about when the tiger is in estrus, ovulation, and how many times the tigers "come together" when breading (50 times a day- I think it was). We were expecting a bit more about what tigers eat rather than sex ed...however, the kids got a good look at the Tiger and then we went on to other things at the zoo. Once again we were not disappointed by the Polar Bears (I take this back...everyone but me was not disappointed...I missed everything while going to the bathroom). While I was in the bathroom the polar bears decided to wrestle...it was crazy! They really put on a good show, in fact it drew a huge crowd and everyone was cheering. Rory and the kids had a great spot up next to the window... Cecily kept saying that she wanted to go in there with the bears.





JJ with his big sister Natalie.
It was the most beautiful February day~ Amazing weather~ I completely over-dressed the kids. We were very stressed because we thought that we were late, however, we were 45 minutes early because it actually starts at 11 am rather than 10! Nice! This time Critter Club was packed! They actually ran out of crafts! The kids really seemed to love the craft. Cecily came home and completely reenacted all that the teacher said for us. After the story and craft we headed down to the tiger exhibit and heard the zoo keeper go into great detail for the preschoolers about when the tiger is in estrus, ovulation, and how many times the tigers "come together" when breading (50 times a day- I think it was). We were expecting a bit more about what tigers eat rather than sex ed...however, the kids got a good look at the Tiger and then we went on to other things at the zoo. Once again we were not disappointed by the Polar Bears (I take this back...everyone but me was not disappointed...I missed everything while going to the bathroom). While I was in the bathroom the polar bears decided to wrestle...it was crazy! They really put on a good show, in fact it drew a huge crowd and everyone was cheering. Rory and the kids had a great spot up next to the window... Cecily kept saying that she wanted to go in there with the bears.






JJ with his big sister Natalie.

No comments:
Post a Comment