Sunday, March 7, 2010

Birthday/ 1st annual Irish Fest

We had such a fun time celebrating Amy & Noah's birthday at the Hackers home with the Hackers and the Carr families. It was a fun time filled with many children and much good food. Sarah and I both cooked Corned Beef. We both boiled for hours. We let hers continue to cook after she added the cabbage and potatoes. I took mine out and baked it for the last 20 minutes covered in the 'special sauce' and boiled my potatoes alone. Both tasted very good! Sarah's definitely gets the points for moist and tender. Mine was a bit tougher but everyone liked the sauce.

Oh, and we started the night out with Sarah's amazing cheese fondue! Love it! Sometimes I think I could eat my weight in cheese fondue...or eat until I double my weight whatever comes first!
Check out these amazing cakes. Noah made the one for Amy and Amy made the cake for Noah.
(BTW...in case you are wondering...What is Cecily wearing? Yes, she came to the party wearing nothing but her slip. She was wearing at least a shirt over it, but some how between the last time I saw her and when daddy put her in the car the shirt was left behind. She had been wearing that slip not stop for at least three days by the time this picture was taken...she slept in it again that night, but I finally got it off her and into the wash the next day. She likes it because it is kind of like a dress and a Tutu)
Both looked awesome and tasted delicious!
(I really think Amy needs a cake blog, to show off all her amazing cakes that she makes).

No comments: