Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Notice Rory's hat! Go Celts!
Raise your hand if you like St. Patrick's Day!
We really like St. Patrick's Day around here! We love to dress up for the day. We started out our day at the YMCA this year. Daddy came along so that made it extra special. 
Cecily got to wear her "Irish Princess Dress." I wore this very dress when I was in the "It's a Small World" dance in ballet class when I was little. (The theme of the dance production was-- Let's go to Disney Land... I still haven't ever gotten to go on that ride... someday!) My mom saved it for me, and Cecily loved wearing it! Between watching Celtic Woman and Riverdance she knew just what to do when she wore it. It was really cool because we ran into Beth Lane, a friend who has know Rory for a long time. Cecily did her Riverdance for Beth and the ladies at the desk. It was super cute.
The tee shirt that Rosemary wore was historic as well. My sister Cara sent that tee shirt in a package when Cecily was born. I remember pulling that shirt out of the box- size 24 months and thinking "This shirt is huge!" I held it up next to my tiny little baby and wondered how on earth she could ever get this big. Cecily wore the shirt on her first birthday. I am pretty sure she wore it the next year too. Then Rosemary has worn it the past two years. Time to retire it, at least until the next little one---  as in cousin comes along. 






No comments: