Mommy I don't like this!
I CAN'T Walk on the grass!
I like the slide... but not the grass on the bottom. I'll just keep my feet up here!
Hmmm... this swing is OK, keep me up here and the grass down there!
Our silly girl!CJ started walking on January 15th-- the day we found out we were pregnant, and the week we were moving to our new house. Since then we entered moving madness, and morning sickness season, as well as cold rainy weather, and since CJ had grown out of all her out door shoes--- she did not spend time walking on the grass. (We did, however, go on plenty of walks around the lake.) These are my excuses as to why my daughter came to become afraid of a friendly neighborhood plant called grass.
Now that the weather is nicer, the morning sickness has passed, and CJ has appropriate shoes-- my attention naturally turned towards playing outdoors on our big toy. We joyfully bounded outside only to discover that Cecily would not leave the concrete car port. She would NOT walk on the grass! I carried her to the grass, and encouraged her to come towards the slide (which she loves-- we had played on that earlier, but usually after walks while she was still in her bunting suit-- so she did not walk). She would not budge. She did not like the uneven ground.
Thus began grass therapy. We would go out side, and I would do my best to encourage her confidence about walking in the grass. The first two or three times she would eventually consent to checking the grass out-- but it was so exhausting, and there were many tears. These grass therapy sessions often ended in naps.
However, I am glad to say-- CJ has overcome her fear of grass and now frolics freely in our spacious back yard of weeds and grass like plants.

Frolic! Frolic! Play! Another happy ending!

Look at all the pretty weeds Mommy!

No comments:
Post a Comment