


In April I got to spend a very special weekend in Seattle with my mom. This was part of my Christmas present from last Christmas. My parents got me and my mom tickets to see Celtic Woman. They are a group of women from Ireland who sing amazingly and put on a beautiful show. (I would watch their concerts on PBS while I had mono-- right before my wedding). As if the concert wasn't enough we got to stay at the Paramount Hotel and make a weekend out of it. We had so much fun!

First we did a little shopping. Then we went back to the hotel and ate a snack and took a nap (the life of a pregnant tourist). Next we got to go to Palisades for dinner. My sister in law, Genesis, is a manager there. She arranged for 'the car' to pick us up at the hotel and drive us to the restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised to find that 'the car' was actually a limo. We had a VERY LOVELY dinner and then were whisked back to the Paramount Theatre for the show. The show was wonderful and everything I had hoped for. With the beautiful music still dancing in our heads we drifted off to sleep--- and I slept with out interruptions, and awoke to a lovely breakfast in bed! WOW!
The rest of the day we spent doing those fun Seattle things that just never seem to get old. We had a lovely time at Pikes Place. I even found a ring to wear in place of my wedding ring while I am pregnant (This is a big accomplishment-- my finger is usually a 3 3/4 when I am not pregnant, even when my fingers are swollen they aren't a size 5-- so finding a cheap ring is next to impossible) Anyway! I had a lovely time gallivanting around with my wonderful mom and I felt refreshed and spoiled when I returned to my husband and baby (who missed me a little- I think!)




No comments:
Post a Comment