Here she is, the newest member of our family. She was born Saturday night weighing 7lbs 3.6 ozs. and 20.5". Jen doesn't feel like sitting in front of the computer at this time so this post won't be as eloquent, witty, or altogether informative as you're used to from us.Basically, we went into the hospital on Saturday morning for a scheduled induction. Things started off pretty slowly as Jen spent most of the day lying around, not feeling many contractions. We were concerned that they were going to have to get more aggressive with the induction process but when Jen was checked out at about 4pm she was farther along than we thought. So they broke her water and things really got going. The labor got more intense but Jen was able to get through it without any pain meds. The labor was difficult but only lasted about 4 hours.
God was very gracious and answered our prayers and yours. Thanks to everyone for your support. We are going to be taking some time to adjust at home and won't be traveling long distances or making too many public appearances, but feel free to call or email us. We'd love to have visitors once we get settled a little.
And for those who are wondering, Cecily loves having a new little sister. She wants to be involved and "hold it". She also says Rosemary is "nice" as she pats her head. Rosemary was crying today and Cecily said she needed a "binky".
Here are a few more pics:


8 comments:
Beautiful name and a beautiful little girl! Congratulations! Way to go Jen! We love you.
Love,
Trev, Kristen & Annabelle
Congratulatons! Rosemary is absolutely gorgeous!
Love,
Katie Keeton (Uhlenkott)
Hooray, Rosemary is here! I can't tell who she looks more like. Can you put a pair of glasses on her so I can see if she looks like Jen as a little girl?
Love you guys!
Suzanne
Congrats! We've been thinking of you guys and are so happy to hear Rosemary arrived safely...sweet name! She is gorgeous! Bless you guys!
Yay! Two girls!!
Way to go on the minimal pain meds Jen, I'm proud of you. My mom did with that me and ever since I learned that I've been "inspired"...we'll see if that happens though ;)
Very retro name choice - classic indeed (I think Audrey Hepburn would approve). My aunt is named Rosemary, and I'm not sure how the nickname came about, but we've called her Romey as long as I've known her. Do you think you'll shorten it to Rosie, or something of the like??
Much love...
I love the pictures- you are surrounded by beautiful girls Rory :)
So glad everyone is home and busy with bonding and falling in love with one another and the new normal of your family of FOUR!!! :)
Sarah
www.hopedreambirth.com
Hooray! Another beautiful baby girl! I love the name Rosemary! I can't wait to meet her!
Congrats! She is absolutely beautiful!! :-)
Post a Comment