Well, I am glad to report that we are getting close to Labor Day! Due to the gestational diabetes my doctor really wants me to deliver early. In fact, my doctor would be more than happy if I delivered after 37 weeks. Even though I am definitely ready to have this baby, I want to try to have her as naturally as possible. We decided to try out an acupuncture induction to see if we can get things moving. My doctor says that this type of induction is both gentle and very effective. She told us that there is about an 80 percent chance that it will work within three days. Originally, I was going to have this done on August 28th, but we ended up doing the memorial service (see entry below) on this day instead. My new acupuncture induction date is September 2nd. Then if that doesn't do the trick then I have a regular induction scheduled at the hospital on Saturday, September 6th.
So... pray that our little one decides to make an appearance on her own with out help. Above all we ask for a safe delivery and healthy baby.
On a side note, Cecily has a favorite book called Alaska's ABC bears. I have noticed that she was paying special attention to "F," "Fat Bear." And sure enough one day while we were having a morning snuggle she started pointing at me and saying "fat." She now refers to her little book as "fat." I'm not even safe from the remarks from my NOT QUITE year and a half year old! But, we do have to admit that the bear looks pretty pregnant...either that or I resemble the "fat bear."





3 comments:
Wow, that bear does look pregnant:) You will be in our prayers and we will be looking forward to hearing news that NewB is here!
How exciting- the end is near! I hope everything goes as you plan and baby Adams is born safe and sound. I will be checking back here for updates!
Congratulations to you both! Mom told me about your new baby girl.
Love, Aunt Jann and Uncle Michael.
Post a Comment