I really love the fall. All of a sudden trees that you have driven by for months suddenly become the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. It's time to pull out the fleece and flannel. I have even donned a pair of Smart Wool socks for the first time this season. (For those of you with constantly cold extremities...these socks are great... they really keep me warm with out having to wear really bulky wool socks.) On the same inaugural Smart Wool Day, I also enjoyed a Soy Chai Latte... the first hot drink of the season. Yum! What a treat~ Next up is a Starbucks Pumpkin Hot Chocolate! It's time to enjoy all the pumpkin baked goods as well. This blog is really starting to make me hungry! Along with our fall decorations I have also been enjoying my fall music. The artists/albums that I really enjoy this time of year are Norah Jones, Allison Krause, Rosie Thomas and an instrumental CD called something like Classical Guitar. It's all very relaxing especially with all the pumpkin spice and maple candles lit. I love these artists anyways, but it is funny how much they actually reference the fall in their songs.
Here are a few pictures of Cecily enjoying the fall.
In the picture above she is showing the craft that she made at our playgroup Sprouts. Our theme was A is for Apple.
This is her Picasso rendition of Jonny Appleseed.
I like to call this picture: "Tut Tut it Looks Like Rain"
A very happy Fall to you... may you enjoy a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils, a cup of spiced cider and a walk in the leaves on a crisp day.

2 comments:
Oh I love this time of year too! I just bought some cans of pumpkin puree and am excited to make some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins this week! yum. I personally go for the Pumpkin Spice Latte this time of year though. Also, I hear ya on the music- Rosie Thomas is just the perfect fall music. I love her. Umm, we should hang out more, we have lots in common:)
Cecily's first bit of fan mail:
Dearest Cecily,
You may not know me so well, but I'm your biggest fan! I saw a really cool picture of you with your boots on and I just wanted to say hello. I'm your Uncle Phil- Auntie Cara's husband. I remember putting on my rain boots to go outside and play, but there's not much rain where I live now. I think when we meet at Christmas we'll have lots of fun together. Maybe even put our boots on and go outside in the snow! But just for awhile, we don't want to get too cold. See you later. My favorite color is green, what's yours?
Love,
Uncle Phil
Post a Comment