
Oh the phenomenon that is Cedar Cove! Cedar Cove is a fictional place based off of the town Port Orchard in the Cedar Cove Series by Debbie Macomber. These books are a fun read, and are full of fun characters and entertaining stories. Since the series had attracted so many fans, Port Orchard decided to host Cedar Cove days. While I was pregnant with Rosemary I read most of the series (very entertaining and easy when sick with pregnancy). I also got my mother in law hooked on them too. So we went down to the Port Orchard waterfront for the fair and opening ceremonies. It was a fun day spent together. The best part was the opening music, the girls loved dancing to the Navy Band.
I do have to say that I wished the opening ceremonies was a bit more exciting. I was expecting it to be more about Cedar Cove and the fans than about Port Orchard. Oh well! We still had fun. I think that next year they should make a video that summed up all the thanks, and history of Port Orchard and get it all out of the way in 10 minutes, and then have more fun, and prizes and hoopla. But, I guess that all probably happened at the Cedar Cove parade, and the bus tour of Cedar Cove and the tea with Debbie...etc. But I didn't got to any of that.
It really took the town and painted it in a new light. It is aparently a much more interesting place to visit when it is filled with story and drama, rather than that little bump in the road you pass going to some place else.


No comments:
Post a Comment