Tuesday, July 1, 2008

3rd Times the Charm






Rory and I have learned to set our expectations low when it comes to Anniversary celebrations. For some reason along with celebrating our anniversary each year, my body seems to want to celebrate mono-- by getting sick each June. (For those of you who don't know, I had Mono for our wedding, barely made it to my own wedding-- God gave me strength for the wedding day-- a true miracle-- and then crashed big time on the honeymoon). On our first anniversary I came down with a mean sinus infection, bronchitis and laryngitis. Second anniversary Rory went as far to rent a hotel room-- which we had to leave to take me to the hospital b/c my doctor's thought I had appendicitis. So as you may imagine for our 3rd anniversary we were a bit hesitant to make any plans. However, we had some gift certificates to use and we felt that our anniversary was the prime time to do it. So we did! We are glad to report that we had a great time cruising around Gig Harbor on a boat tour, and then went out to Red Lobster (not so good) and then ended with dessert at Anthony's (VERY good). We had a wonderful time, and I managed to wait to get sick until after our anniversary.

1 comment:

Nadine said...

Yeah... you did it! How crazy that you were sick all those times! Out of all the days int he year... well anyway, congrats!