Saturday, July 12, 2008

Zoo Fun!

On July 1st our playgroup Sprouts went to the Point Defiance Zoo. We had a ton of fun. Rory's mom, Lillian, AKA Grandma Bear came with us. Grandma Bear pushed Cecily in the stroller and Rory pushed me in a rented wheel chair. After I swallowed my pride, I was soooo glad that I opted for the wheel chair. I would not have enjoyed the day near as much, and I would not have been able to keep up with the group. Poor Rory got quite the workout pushing me up the hills. And we came close to running over several YMCA children who came darting in front of us. We are glad to report that there were no casualties.
Cecily seemed to really enjoy herself. By far her favorite was the walrus and the beluga whales. She definitely got a thrill every time they swam by the window. Other than that-- she enjoyed being on a walk and seeing her Grandma Bear and all her friends.
Here are a few jokes that Rory came up with while at the Zoo.
Q: What is the strangest animal in the Zoo? A: The Otter (Odder)
Q: What animals would you most likely see at church? A: The Birds of Prey





No comments: