Scroll Down and Watch the Belly Grow!







Well, I am long over due for a pregnancy update, no pun intended. Hmm.. where to start. Well, as you can see the baby is growing and so am I. (By the way, we have landed on a name... but it's a secret... yes we have decided on a first and middle name... but we're not telling!)
In fact there is no hiding the fact that I am pregnant and as we suspected I am measuring big. I knew I was in trouble when the shirts I was wearing at the end of my pregnancy with Cecily were not covering my belly.
As it turns out, I have more amniotic fluid than is normal-- which is adding weight and strain to my back, hips and pelvis. The little one last checked was 11 days ahead. All this heightened the doctor's suspicions that I might have Gestational Diabetes. After conducting tests last week, the suspicions were correct. So I will be checking my blood sugar and keeping a strict diet. If I can control my blood sugar levels through diet then I won't have to take medication. One of the concerns right now is that having too much fluid can cause premature labor. Being so big also exasperates normal pregnancy symptoms. So far my main trouble is walking around. I was able to remain pretty active up until the start of the 3rd trimester. Now I have to wear two support belts, compression socks and always tennis shoes. Sometimes I feel a bit silly, and wonder if all these things are just making it more awkward for me to move, but really they all seem to help. And all in all-- It really could be worse!! So I am spacing out active days that include a lot of walking, and spending most of my time going to doctor's appointments almost every week and physical therapy. (As well as chasing around Cecily-- which I think counts as staying active).
The best news is... the baby looks healthy and beautiful!
The ironic thing is that the doctors were worried last time because CJ was so small and my fluid level was low. This just goes to show that most people don't have the same pregnancy twice!

No comments:
Post a Comment