Wednesday, August 13, 2008

For the Love of Kittens



Those of you who know and love Rory well... you know about his love affair with cats. I have never met someone who has so much love and affection for the animal. As a child I had a beloved cat named Purrie (I named him in the first grade... give me a break!) Anyway, that was an extraordinary cat... so I can understand where he is coming from. But I loved my cat... Rory loves all of cat kind. I remember walking to class in college and seeing him in the bushes petting cats. That's why no Christmas is complete without one or two cat calendars.
I knew Rory loved me when he decided he could give up cats and marry me. I have asthma so having a cat in the house is not a good plan most of the year (that's why I only ever had one cat).


So, when our good friends asked him to watch their kittens while they were on vacation-- he jumped at the chance. Not only was it a great opportunity to pet the cats but it was a great chance to indoctrinate Cecily.


Rory feels that Cecily has been around far more dogs than cats. However, despite that her favorite stuffed animal is her "kitty" and her favorite book is "God Made Kittens." Here is a picture of daddy and Cecily reading her book about kittens with her "Kitty."

No comments: