Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Up Close and Personal

This first set of pictures were taken on 06/19/08 at 28 weeks. At this point she still had a lot of room to move around. In fact I had a lot of amniotic fluid. In this first picture you can see her ear hand and arm. In the next pictures you can see that she is snuggled up against the uterine wall. The umbilical cord is on her chest-- the doctor is not worried about this, and the baby should not be in danger with the cord.




The following pictures were taken on 07/08/08 at 31 weeks. I love these, I think that she has Rory's lips, but that's just me! In the bottom picture she has a foot on her face.







This last picture was taken at Week 35- on August 8th. Here she is, a little harder to see. She is really squished in there now. The umbilical cord is over her mouth, which is making her look like she has funny lips. (This is not cause for concern by the way. That is also her toe in her eye. At this appointment they estimated her weight at 5.5 pounds. She should gain about 1/2 pound a week until I deliver. If I go full term to 40 weeks (September 10th) then that will put her at approximately 8 pounds. (Cecily was 7.3 pounds). However, ultrasounds can be about a pound off in either direction. Never the less, my doctor would like me to deliver at week 39, but she is willing to let me go up to week 40 unless something changes. This little girl is looking good! She has a great heart beat and great movement. Praise the Lord!


1 comment:

The Stobbe Story said...

She looks great! We are so excited and can't wait to meet her! Hang in there Jen. Love you lots.