Friday, August 29, 2008

Nursery Edition


Here is a closer look at the nursery. As always it is a work in process. We don't have much up on the walls, but my mom is sewing a quilt-wall hanging for us to put up. I am also hoping to add a the wall art from Target that goes with the set.


This beautiful crib is on loan to us from Rory's sister Rebekah. This was Austin's crib. We love it! However, it is missing a few key pieces that the manufacturer does not make any more. Without these pieces we can't attach the side of the crib. So unless we find the pieces we will have to go back to Cecily's old crib (not the best) until Cecily goes into a toddler bed.


The dresser/changing table is on loan from my parents. This previously held linens in the dinning room. It's a beautiful piece and definitely will work well for us.

This other dresser was originally in my sister Cara's and my room. Eventually I ended up taking it to college. It has been passed back and forth between my house and my parent's house over the years. My parents kindly repainted it for us and then I got to decorate it. Here is a picture of Cecily "helping" my mom put the handles back on the dresser.




Rory's mom. Lillian, found these decals that matched the colors of the bed set perfectly. I found these wood cut outs and painted them to match the decals. It was a fun project. I also painted the lampshade and this shelf to match. (I have been meaning to paint this shelf for about 4 years now... I am glad that it is finally painted and has a home.)


Lillian had given me the decals and hoped that I might find a use for them. Little did I know that she was up to another project that used paper that matched the same decals. We were both delighted to see it all come together.


It has been really fund to decorate the NewB's little room. Now we just need our little bundle to go in it!

No comments: